Prospecting U.S.A. Hunting America's Treasure's

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Tested my 4 '' dredge

Basil Key

I got to test my 4 '' three weeks ago. Had to work out some things but it worked good.  Water was fine. Well it was deep and fast. OK, was fine with the 7 mill suit on. Was in the Cold water 6 hours with no problem. Had to take off the extended part off that the last owner had put on..

Played with it until it was cleaning out go and so on. OK, so i put it back the way Keen had it.

I don't know how to post photos here.

April 6, 2014 at 7:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lance tupper

sounds like fun. what mats are you using? I have found the gold hog mats to be the best for both processing out the black sands and for catching the fines.

March 1, 2015 at 7:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Basil Key

lance tupper at March 1, 2015 at 7:57 PM

sounds like fun. what mats are you using? I have found the gold hog mats to be the best for both processing out the black sands and for catching the fines.

The mats right now is 

bottom-small v matt all the way 

Next- blue moss all the way

Rest factory

I have more cons but I have a lot of fine gold. I fill that I'm not loseing any or much this way.

April 12, 2015 at 6:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Basil Key

Just want to add. I'm am looking for some one to prospect with. I live in Oxford AL. I prospect the countys all around.  If you have a dredge we can help each other. If not we can share my equipment. If you have a creek let me know. I will test it for you. I just love doing this.

April 12, 2015 at 6:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

wendell mosley
Site Owner

Basil Key at April 6, 2014 at 7:37 PM

I got to test my 4 '' three weeks ago. Had to work out some things but it worked good.  Water was fine. Well it was deep and fast. OK, was fine with the 7 mill suit on. Was in the Cold water 6 hours with no problem. Had to take off the extended part off that the last owner had put on..

Played with it until it was cleaning out go and so on. OK, so i put it back the way Keen had it.

I don't know how to post photos here.

go to photo's it has a down load at the top of the page did you ever find some one to go prospecting with ?

--

Wendell Mosley

March 10, 2016 at 6:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Upcoming Events

No upcoming events

Recent Videos

119 views - 0 comments
1086 views - 0 comments
1462 views - 1 comment
1673 views - 0 comments