Prospecting U.S.A. Hunting America's Treasure's

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Introduce yourself ;]

woody3
Administrator

I am hoping people will introduce themself in this discussion topic. Maybe tell us alittle about yourselves. Like what type of prospecting you do, How long you've been doing it, What or who got you started. Or even if you don't go out prospecting. But you just find this interesting. Let us know.

I started metal detecting with my brother inlaw. I quickly reolized I lOVE relics. Then found out about bottle digging.  Its been around 7 years now. I have found old large cents, one spanish real, tons of relics [marbles, bone and horse hair tooth brush, keys, buttons] and hundreds of bottles. When it comes to prospecting,,,,, I am a full blown addict. lol

--
March 11, 2010 at 10:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jules

I am the wife of Stonewall. I got my taste of gold prospecting back in 1977 when I lived in New Mexico. Hope some day to find the place I used to go and be able to try my luck at it again. I am fortunate to have a great husband that shares the same interests. Hoping to get to learn more about metal detecting in the near future. But my real likes is hunting ROCKS....Gems, Fossils and what ever catches my eye....my hubby can vouch for that . I am new at rock tumbling...but still learning....:)

March 25, 2010 at 12:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bliss

I was invited here to the site by Stonewall Gene, and Jules.  Awsome friends!  My husband and I discovered prospecting about 3 years ago.....  got the fever bad!  We have a proline combo, 2 detectors, blue bowl, spiral, pans pails shovels and sluices.  You name it we probably have it..... except a drywasher, and trommel.  I figure those will be next......  Any way, for those of you who havent met us yet.... I am Nancy and John is my treasured spouse.  35 yrs on the 29th of May......  Glad to meet you all.

April 23, 2010 at 3:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gerald Jones

I am a member of GPAA for the past two years ,have recently moved to Prattville Al. I,ve been into all kind,s of treasure hunting for year,s but have,nt had much luck . would like to find somewhere to do some prospecting,detecting and rockhunting.

--
May 4, 2010 at 12:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wendell mosley
Site Owner

Hi Gerald welcome to the club have you got any places that we can do some detecting on

--

Wendell Mosley

May 5, 2010 at 11:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gerald Jones

Gerald Jones at May 4, 2010 at 12:41 PM

I am a member of GPAA for the past two years ,have recently moved to Prattville Al. I,ve been into all kind,s of treasure hunting for year,s but have,nt had much luck . would like to find somewhere to do some prospecting,detecting and rockhunting.

Nope! not here in Al. was hoping you could tell me about some places to go! I hope to make it to the next meeting. I have the date and time wrote down oh yeah and place!

May 5, 2010 at 1:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wendell mosley
Site Owner

Hi every one some of you know me some don't I am Wendell Mosley founder of the club I started on yahoo groups went to my space then facebook then treasure adventures I still have most of them posted and some I have deleted I left Ta becouse I did not get the group action I get here and on face book  I started this club to find friends to hunt with. well I got friends that go hunting we are just to far apart to go together

but I hope thet changes

--

Wendell Mosley

July 3, 2010 at 10:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Myrlin187

Hi I found an arrow head when I was 8 been looking for stuff ever since. I'm a member of the GPAA but I've only been Gold prospecting for a little over a year.I haven't had much luck yet but I will! I got the fever when I was a kid me and my best friend Don Mathews(From Gardendale Al.)spent the night at his grandmother's house in Warrior (close to moundsville Al.)we found a little hole in the ground(probably a rat tunnel) we dug at that hole all day we must have made a heck of a mess in her back yard but we were sure we had found pirate treasure.I'll never forget the excitement we felt,I still feel the same way when I think about hunting gold.In the 6th grade I moved away I now live north of Gulf Shores Al. I wish I could locate Don and get him to go gold prospecting with me !!! I know we would strike it rich. I haven't seen him in over 25 years,& if I find me some gold I'll have to look him up !!!

October 3, 2010 at 6:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bon Philippines

Actually i don't have any interest regarding treasure hunting, since i've heard that most people doing this they become loser at the end. Become a poor just because they spend a lot of budget digging for nothing...lol.... But one of my brother hobbies of detecting metals, convince me to visit their site of digging....I observed them while digging and they found some unusual man made rock form of  GOLDBAR and i tried to break it and i found that a piece of manmade and ARROWS WRITTEN IN THE TOP OF FLAT STONE WITH LETTER C. My brother show me some markation whereby the site.... This time i'm so quite and start thinking.... After 4 months one of my father relative's digged a box of PLATINUM and when i came there and that's a time i beleived and i offer them to be a member of their team being a TREASURE HUNTER.... Thats why as of now,here we are and enjoy digging some prospect.....

November 3, 2010 at 12:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dennis

Hi everyone...just joined today...am just an old prospector and metal detect too...I have several claims in NM and AZ...just aquired 180 acres in South Central New Mexico this fall...I love gold..lol

--

December 18, 2010 at 9:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Peter Gill

Hi, I am Peter Gill from Westonaria, South Africa. Been metal detecting for about 2 years.... I love searching the Boer War Sites here in South Africa. I would get shot if I started to dig for gold here..... mining is not an easy game due to the big guns running the mining industries.

I am also friends with Dennis above, great guy...... :D

--

God bless
Peter

December 21, 2010 at 12:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fred williams

Hello to the club I am from Elba ,AL yes down deep in the south moved here 10 yrs ago when I injured my back from Ohio. I have been metal detecting for a year now just recently was bitten by the gold bug, so I joined the GPAA and I have some other prospecting equipment. By trade I am a proffesional home builder and painter. I am looking for a prospecting buddy in AL as my wife is ot interested, cause I just found out we are no longer together. Raise your head high and go for the gold...

January 16, 2011 at 3:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wendell mosley
Site Owner

All members that have not posted pic's on there profiles need to do so

--

Wendell Mosley

March 18, 2011 at 11:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

David

Hi Wendell and everyone else,

Wendell we meet at ABGC a few weeks back and now finely became a member. I'll see about posting a pic or I might use the one you took.

My name is David. I'm in north Alabama and fairly new to this. I'm still looking to find some other places to go. Anyone have some good places they would like to share?? :-)

David

April 25, 2011 at 9:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wendell mosley
Site Owner

Hi David glad you joined us I am always looking for new places to

--

Wendell Mosley

April 26, 2011 at 6:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

wendell mosley
Site Owner

I got a new place for dredging in the Tallapoosa river if your into it let me know

--

Wendell Mosley

April 8, 2014 at 5:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wendell mosley
Site Owner

Gerald Jones at May 4, 2010 at 12:41 PM

most of the good rock hunting is in north Ga. and north Al. Little river canyon you can find some fossils 

you can find gold and garnets at alabama gold camp in cragford Al. but they charge 

--

Wendell Mosley

April 8, 2014 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lance tupper

Hi everyone, I started prospecting with my grandfather in the 70's, dredging in the late 80's in Oregon and Northern California. I now live in Ketchikan Alaska and love it here. I am working on starting my own prospecting/mining company here in Alaska. Happy hunting all.

March 1, 2015 at 7:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Upcoming Events

No upcoming events

Recent Videos

85 views - 0 comments
1055 views - 0 comments
1432 views - 1 comment
1643 views - 0 comments